Reception Home For Girls
Life Line Trust, Reception home (Girls), Salem was established in April-2009 in partnership with the Department of Social Defence of the Government of Tamilnadu. It is situated at present in 50/2, Ram nagar, Kumarasamypatti, Salem -636008.
The children in the Reception home come from various difficult and distress circumstances:
- Rescued from begging/street roaming.
- Who are destitute or abandoned .
- Who have been abused physically or sexually or likely to be abused or exploited for immoral or illegal purposes.
- Rescued from child labour/child trafficking.
- Missing children .
- Rescued children from illegal adoption.
- Children from severe poverty or broken families or who are homeless or have unfit parents.
- Children who are physically changed or mentally challenged or mental illness or affected by chronic illness such as HIV/AIDS.
- Rescued by the Government system and sent to the home for family reintegration or better rehabilitation.
High Lights of Life Line Reception home
- Reception home is to provide temporary shelter for girl children in need ofcare and protection. .
- The welcome team of friendly children along with caring home Superintendent welcomed the new children.
- Then, issue a welcome kit consisting of a new dress, under garments, sanitary pads for elderly children, towel, soap, brush, paste, coconut oil, Bindhi and ear rings (artificial) and chocolates in a travel bag and make them happy during their stay.
- Regular counselling given by the child counsellor in child friendly manner.
- Child welfare worker taken care of their reintegration and rehabilitation process.
- The food menu is prepared by the children itself.
- Nutritious balanced diet is providing to the children to meet out the needs of adolescence.
- Psychiatric counselling arranged for the needy children.
- Non formal education is taken care for the school dropout children .
- Good library and circulating library books and News paper is there to update their knowledge and know current affairs.
- Vocational trainings – tailoring, beautician training and coir scrub making is given to the elderly children.
- Basket making, wool works, hand embroidery and fashion jewellery learning also given based on the choice of the children.
- Taking care of Babies and toddlers not able to give for adoption. Based on the family circumstances toddlers are unable to take care by the parents. So, it is the home to give early childhood development, pre- school education and make them happy by the way of child friendly.
Total benefitted girls are 1564 from April -2009.Most of the girls were reintegrated/ rehabilitated.In April-2017, 20 girl Children and 13 toddlers (Total -33) are there at home.