Child Labour Elimination
Salem district – TamilNadu is one among high prone region for child labour – Approximately
50,000 children are involved in Labour works.
Life Line Trust – CLEP started in 2006 to Eradicate child labour in three panchayats namely Tirumalaigiri, Vedukathampatti and Sivathapuram in Salem District. CLEP office is functioning in Tirumalaigiri village. Children are involved in silver work, Iron work, brick kilns and construction works in this region.
Total rescued Children from child labour are 203 ( Male-111 and female-92) and educated in Government schools. At present, 31 (Male 22 and 9 female) children are in regular follow up.
Secondary school going children 15(M) and 5(F) , Higher secondary school children- 3 (F), ITI- 2(m) and BE – 6 (4m & 2 f)
- Rescue, Reintegration and Rehabilitation of children from Labour work.
- Learning centre for working children functioning in Panagkadu(Evening non formal school).
- Children Library functioning in Tirumalaigiri.
- Regular educational support given to the children.
- Medical support to the needy children.
- Dry ration support to the children in severe need.
- Eligible children are referred for Government sponsorship.